On Saturday before last I decided to take the children on a walk around Centennial Lake. Well, this was the first time I have done this without a stroller and by myself. About 3/4 of a mile into our walk we came to a bridge. We were watching ducks swim under it and having such a great time. At this point very pregnant me decided it was time to double back and head for the car. A couple of older women were walking by and one looked at the three of us and said one day you will laugh about this. I didn't quite understand what she was talking about until I looked down and Cooper had become a one shoe wonder. When we looked over the edge of the bridge and there was his shoe in the water. Hadley informed me that we just needed to ask Daddy to come and get it for us. I had to tell her that even Daddy wouldn't be able to save the shoe. So, for the walk back to the car Cooper hobbled with one shoe on and just his sock on his other foot. We only have one pair of play shoes for him so needless to say my next stop was to buy him a new pair of tennis shoes. Oh, the adventures of motherhood. If you ask Cooper where his shoe is he will way "water - water", and Hadley will then remind you that it isn't her fault. So, if the duck family who has the other shoe wants the mate, just let me know : )
Love is
8 years ago

1 comment:
That is too funny! The lady was right. Hope you're feeling well. You're in the home stretch!
Post a Comment