Monday, June 20, 2011

Venice

Over the Memorial Day weekend we took a fun trip to Venice. Thankfully, mom and dad Hersman were able to come with us. There are MANY bridges and with a double stroller it would of been near impossible to enjoy without any extra help. We joked that Spencer was probably the youngest tourist in Venice that weekend. He was just over 2 weeks old. Looking back it was a little crazy to go, but if we all waited for things to get less crazy we wouldn't go anywhere!! On the way back from Venice we drove through Switzerland and couldn't believe how beautiful it was. We would love to go back and see more...


St Mark's basilica and campanile
Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute

View from the top of St Mark's campanile

Rialto Bridge over the Grand Canal

Carrying the stroller over bridges was a frequent pastime.

Atop the Rialto Bridge.


Granty boo on Murano Island. I just have to say I love that little hat on the Boo!!

Lighthouse on Murano Island.

St Mark's square from the water bus.

View from the top of St Mark's basilica.





I just love this picture of Alan and Grant. He had such a fun time in the gondola on Daddy's back.

It didn't take long for Cooper to fall asleep during the gondola ride. You can see his head just under Bonnie's arm.


Gondolas on the Grand Canal

Vierwaldstattersee in Switzerland


What a wonderful experience to have as a family!!!


2 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

great pictures! it looks like it was quite the adventure--especially with the stroller on stairs! beautiful scenery! what a beautiful family you have!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

Wow, Bonnie I can't believe at two weeks you were up to all the walking. I'm impressed! I am glad you guys had a good time, it looks so beautiful!