Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rothenburg ob der Tauber 18Jun2011


We are looking back at our little excersions over the last couple of months... Rothenburg ob der Tauber is about 2 1/2 hours from our home, and is a medieval walled city. It was really beautiful and is one of those must see before you leave ( if you live here). I was told I would find tons of things I wanted to buy, but I think I am too cheap in this department : ) We had such a fun time, especially going up to the top of the tower in the main square. Let me just say it wasn't for the faint of heart. The ladders were straight up and too many stairs to count. Did I mention you have to pay for this pleasure. This last little bit I was even a little nervous taking the kids up and then back down. Alan was pretty proud that I didn't let it show with the children!!! I would let the children go up and down in front of me so I could potentially catch them or be the cushion if we fell... good times.. Here is to many more adventures in the future!!




West gate of the city.

Tower in main square.

Bonnie descending the steps from top of the tower.

St James church viewed from top of tower.

Benches in St James church. Wouldn't these separated seats be handy on Sunday!! I know they would help cut down on all the "he or she touched me" on our pew.

Holy blood altarpiece with cross relic (this relic supposedly holds a drop of Jesus' blood).

Detail of altarpiece depicting the Last Supper.


Hadley next to old style Citroen.

First time in the pillory--and it was fun and painless!




2 comments:

ESN said...

Such cool places. Thanks for sharing!

Jenna said...

Just a few more months and I get to see those sweet lovies :) Can't wait to meet that Spencer! I love all the pics of your adventures. And now you are going to Rome for TWO weeks?! Jealous. Love you guys!